More Trust, More Health, More Future
The project by the Fondazione Mondo Digitale and Janssen Italia, the pharmaceutical branch of the Johnson & Johnson Group, has reached its third edition. After having raised the awareness of 200,000 young men and women on correct scientific information, responsible behaviour for everyone’s heath and trust in the progress of research, the project will now focus on trust in science and research. Notwithstanding the difficulties of our times, we will act on their passion, determination and desire for a healthy world. In fact, our slogan is “More Trust, More Health, More Future” to entice youth to learn about the circular nature of health through a One Health approach. We will take care of the project so that it may expand and reach out to an increasing number of people and “feel” that which they live.
The 55th CENSIS Report on the Social Situation of Italy describes a country that has forgotten about its youth, 71% of whom declare they are very uncertain about the future. We want youth to have dreams. And we want to imbue them with trust through research, scientific progress, innovation, and the example of those who achieved their dreams through science. We can do this thanks to the efficient and locally rooted network for the third edition of Factor J, which is supported by thirteen patient associations, two scientific partners and three institutional partners.
- Increase the trust of the new generations in the progress of science
- Raise the awareness of youth on correct scientific information
- Promote the role that medical research and scientific progress have played in the history of humanity
- Educate youth to develop their emotional intelligence and respect uniqueness and diversity
- Improve adolescents’ attention to prevention and health
- Create and animate a multi-sector network of excellence on health (with associations, institutions, schools, media, and local communities).
- On-line and in-presence training for 3000 students in second-degree secondary school through:
- meetings with patient associations in several therapeutic areas: immunology (derma and gastro), onco-haematology, neuroscience
- Practical labs: podcasts, video, graphics, and storytelling.
- Creative contest for the students who participated in the courses to develop a social media campaign.
- Company volunteering with Janssen employees for original training sessions.
September 2022 – June 2023
- Società Italiana di Igiene Medicina Preventiva e Sanità Pubblica (SItI)
- Società Italiana Farmacologia (SIF)
The patient associations involved in the course
- Associazione Italiana contro Leucemie, Linfomi e Mieloma (AIL)
- Associazione Ipertensione Polmonare Italiana Onlus (AIPI)
- Associazione Malati Reumatici del Piemonte (AMaR)
- Associazione Nazionale per le Malattie Infiammatorie Croniche dell’Intestino (AMICI onlus)
- Associazione Nazionale Amici per la Pelle (ANAP onlus)
- Associazione Psoriasici Italiani Amici della Fondazione Corazza (APIAFCO)
- Network Persone Sieropositive (NPS Italia onlus)
- Fondazione Near
- Progetto Itaca
- Walce onlus
- Cittadinanza Attiva