Final event for Project Faith with the e-EngAGEd Community
EAEA, a partner with the Fondazione Mondo Digitale, of Project e-EngAGEd will participate in the final event of Project Faith, coordinated by Age Platform Europe, to launch a new initiative financed by the European CERV Programme.
The conference will be held on December 7 in Brussels (9.30-14.00).
The event aims to share good practices concerning the inclusion of senior citizens based on an intergenerational approach with many partners of Fondazione Mondo Digitale activities, including Age Platform Europe, e-Seniors, Eavi, Anziani e non solo soc. coop. Soc., and 50+ Hellas. These are some of the major accredited organisations for adult education in Europe that use the intergenerational model. The event will provide an opportunity to network at the outset of Project e-EngAGEd.
PROJECT E-ENGAGED IN SHORT
- Improve critical thinking and media literacy, training young volunteers as trainers for adults and the elderly.
- Improve intergenerational responsibility and digital commitment in society, providing spaces for debates and the exchange of opinions amongst citizens of different ages on disinformation, digital citizenship, and civic commitment
- Incrase trust in media to promote political participation, directly involving journalists in the definition of education content for media literacy, organizing European-level debates on journalism and panels on the role of journalists and media in the political awareness of citizens
- Analysis of European-level good practices to develop the methodology, contents, and materials
- Educational events and transnational workshops that will be held in Belgium, France, Greece, and Italy for 160 young participants, who will then tutor 160 elders
- Local intergenerational education events
- Evaluation of the educational programme and publication of scientific articles
- Three national and one transnational debate, drafing of a political document with the contribution of 180 youth and elders
160 young men and women and 160 over-50s will be involved in the educational programme
- Athens Lifelong Learning Institute, Greece (lead partner)
- European Association for the Education of Adults (Belgium)
- Federation Europeenne des Journalistes (Belgium)
- E-Seniors: Initiation des Seniors Aux Ntic Associations (France)
- Pistes solidaires (France)
- People Behind Make (el)
- European Association for Viewers Interests Aisbl – Eavi (Belgium)
- Fondazione Mondo Digitale (Italy)
- Istituto comprensivo di Bosco Chiesanuova, Polo europeo della conoscenza (Italy)