Intergenerational Digital Transformation
The objective of Project e-EngAGEd (Intergenerational Digital Engagement), funded by the European Commission (Programme CERV),is toimprove critical thinking and media literacy by training young volunteers to act as facilitators that can transmit their knowledge to older adults. The training events that will be held in Belgium, France, Greece, and Italy will be dedicated to the young participants who will then help senior students in workshops in each country. The 24-month project also aims to improve intergenerational responsibility for digital transformation, providing spaces for debate and exchanges amongst citizens of different ages on disinformation, digital citizenship, and civic commitment.
- Improve critical thinking and media literacy, training young volunteers as coaches to impart their knowledge to adults and seniors.
- Improve intergenerational responsibility and digital commitment in society, providing spaces for debate and exchanges amongst citizens of different ages on disinformation, digital citizenship, and civic commitment.
- Increase trust in media to promote political participation, directly involving journalists in the definition of training content for media literacy, organising European-level debates on journalism and panels on the role of journalists and media in the political awareness of citizens.
- Analysis of European-level good practices to develop methodologies, content, and materials.
- Transnational training events and workshops in Belgium, France, Greece, and Italy dedicated to 160 young participants, that will then tutor 160 elders.
- Intergenerational local training events
- Evaluation of training process and publication of scientific articles
- 3 national and 1 transnational debate and drafting of a political document with the contribution of 180 youth and seniors.
160 young men and womenand 160 over-50s involved in the training process
- Athens Lifelong Learning Institute, Greece (lead partner)
- European Association for the Education of Adults (Belgium)
- Federation Europeenne des Journalistes (Belgium)
- E-Seniors: Initiation des Seniors Aux Ntic Associations (France)
- Pistessolidaires (France)
- People Behind Make (Greece)
- European Association for Viewers Interests Aisbl – Eavi (Belgium)
- Fondazione Mondo Digitale (Italy)
- Istitutocomprensivo di Bosco Chiesanuova, Polo europeo della conoscenza (Italy)