The Aquila Prefecture responds to the needs of the new citizens with the creation of "new territorial sensors" to facilitate the access to services
In September 2011, Fondazione Mondo Digitale took part in the public call for tenders issued by the Aquila Prefecture for the selection of proposals for projects with the objective of implementing parts of the larger project known as “The Immigrant’s World: New territorial sensors”, included in Action 5 – Innovative Projects for integration inserted in the 2010 Annual Program with Priority 1.
The winner was the proposal presented by FMD, which was actually based on the 4-way partnership between the non-profit foundation specialized in the innovative use of new technologies for social innovation and three organizations deeply rooted in the Aquila territory: two social cooperatives (Leonardo and Nuovi Orizzonti Sociali) specialized in the social assistance and education sectors, and one volunteer organization (Fraterna TAU Onlus).
The intervention entails:
- The creation of a public event for the presentation of the project and its objectives and the first relevant service information (the locations and operating hours of the reception centers, etc.).
- The opening of no. 2 reception centers in San Demetrio Ne’ Vestini and in Avezzano to promote awareness of the legal procedures regarding entry into Italian territory and subsequent stay, with particular attention on the knowledge of the Italian language and the services available to foreign residents.
- The establishment of a mobile reception center (a camper equipped for the purpose) that makes at least 10 visits to the immigrant population in certain strategic parts of the territory.
- The creation of an “informative booklet” in different languages to instruct users in the most important provisions of the law that regulate entry into Italian territory and subsequent stay. A list of the services available and a map is also provided.
- The creation of a website equipped with an “online window” connected via special link to the Prefecture’s website containing the essential information on immigration regulations and answers to the questions most frequently asked (FAQ).
- The staging of a final workshop for the presentation of the results obtained.
- Fondazione Mondo Digitale [leader]
- Cooperativa New Orizzonti Sociali [partner]
- Fraterna TAU Onlus [partner]
- Cooperativa Leonardo [partner]